Project published in a+t 39-40 Reclaim Remediate Reuse Recycle
June 18, 2014
This former automobile parts warehouse, which was built in 1947, closed down in 1992. A five metre high rusty steel canopy was to become the entrance to the building: this is an open air hall, without walls. Behind this, an open courtyard, invisible from the street, contains a table for 16 guests and a fireplace. The girders from the former roof are exposed as are four blind openings: this is an open air hall, with walls. In total, 17 tonnes of steel gear components found in the warehouse were recycled. At the rear, the living areas are located, under a new metal-frame roof.
PROJECT PUBLISHED IN: