VIDEO. Oostcampus. Carlos Arroyo. Oostkamp. Belgium
January 10, 2013
Oostcampus 3 min de ImagenSubliminal en Vimeo.
A unit formerly used as a Coca-Cola depot becomes a Town Hall and a Civic Centre. The industrial standard foundations and flooring, the load-bearing frame, the exterior skin with its insulation and weatherproofing, services, installations and equipment, boilers, water pipes, anti-fire installations, plumbing, drainage and even parking facilities, fencing and access have all been preserved. The author focuses the intervention with the approach of sustainable exuberance which involves reusing the existing elements as far as possible and retrofitting using simple technology with incredible results, as is the case with the GRG shells, which with minimum energy and financial costs completely transform the spatial experience.
a+t magazine 39-40, Reclaim, collects some of the actions in Ooscampus, such as:
- Converting a natural setting into a productive park
- Making openings in a former storage depot
- Adapting using an approach of sustainable exuberance
- Compartmentalization using industrialized modules
- Selective HVAC using layers
- Furnishing offices with recycled materials
Two pages from the project published in a+t 39-40 Reclaim
PROJECT PUBLISHED IN: