September 09, 2010
Up until the early 1990s, the entire area of the former cellulose factory in Tallinn had an industrial character. The paper factory was first mentioned in Tallinn city documents in 1677. In 1926, the cellulose factory at Tartu mnt. 84A designed by E. Jacoby was completed. Additional utilitarian factory buildings were built in the Soviet period. They are currently being used as warehouses/modest apartment space, or stand vacant. The first floor of the space to be reconstructed will house business and service areas, while higher up, there will be office space and apartments.
Pages from the project published in HoCo